Last update: January 20, 2014
Personal Information We May Collect
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual, such as:
- Postal Address (including billing and shipping addresses) Nationality, occupation, civil status, birthplace and birthdate
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Information from personal identification including passports and/or driver’s licenses
- Bank references
How We May Collect Personal Information
We and our service providers may collect personal information through the services: We may collect Personal information through the Services, e.g., when you sign an Agreement or sign up for a newsletter.
How We May Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information:
- To provide you Services under the Agreements and share them with individuals or entities, such as public notaries or brokers, banks and/or governmental agencies in connection with the Services.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters or publication that you request or to register you for events.
- To send you our legal updates and mailings relating to our seminars or events that we think may be of interest to you.
- To keep a record of your contact information and correspondence, and use it to respond to you, if you contact us through the Services.
- To send administrative information, for example, information regarding the Services and changes to our terms conditions, and policies.
- To allow you to send Services-related content to a fried through the Services. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend’s name and email address.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud is monitoring and prevention, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operation and operating and expanding our business activities.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property and/or you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
Your Personal information may be disclosed:
- To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Services.
- By you on Services to which you are able to post information and materials.
- To a third part (whether affiliated or unaffiliated with us) in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable laws, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to request from public or government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operation; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or you or other; (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Third Party Services
Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organization, such as any app, social media platform, or wireless service provider, including any Personal Information you disclose to other organization.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” Section below.
How you can access, change or suppress your Personal Information
You may request to review, correct, update, suppress, or otherwise modify any of your Personal Information that you have previously provided to us through the Services, or object to the use or processing of such Personal Information by us. You may exercise these rights by contacting us by email at a firstname.lastname@example.org
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information that you have provided to us suppressed from our detabase or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of Personal Information that you have provided to us For your Protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identify before implementing your request. We will comply with your request within 30 days upon request.
Please note that we may need to retain information for recordkeeping purpose, and there may also be residual that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
The Services are controlled and operated by us from the United Mexican States (“Mexico”) and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of (“Mexico”). Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage services providers, and by using the services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including Mexico, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security number, credit card or other payment card information, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise to unless required to provide the services.
Please note that email communications are not always secure; so please do not include credit card information or sensitive information in your emails to us.